- Define an objective, outcome or goal
- Identifying pathways and obstacles to achieving these outcomes
- Teaching skills and techniques as required
- Enhancing motivation and goodwill to change
- Identifying and treating co-occurring mental health conditions
- Setting behavioural tasks for you to apply outside of session
- Including partner’s in treatment when possible
I am Clinical Psychologist who is a registered Medicare provider. I have worked in private practice specialising in the area of sexuality, gender, sexual function and relationships for the last 14 years.
Prior to private practice, I worked for 4 years in public sexual health and drug and alcohol at Kirketon Road Centre, Sydney Hospital.
Previous to that, I worked for 8 years in acute inpatient and community mental health as a clinical nurse specialist at St Vincents Hospital. I also ran the group in-patient program during this time. My background as a registered sexual and mental health nurse provided me with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of physical illness on individual and couple sexuality.
I hold Master Degrees in Clinical Psychology (MQU) and Sexual Health (USyd).
I hold Bachelor Degrees in Psychology (Hons.) (UNSW) & Nursing (UOW).
I am a Fellow of the College of Clinical Psychologists and a professional member of Australian Psychological Society (APS)
I adhere to the APS code of Ethics and Charter for Clients of Psychologists.
I am a member of the Australian Association for Transgender Health (AusPATH) and the Word Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
I am registered Clinical Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). My psychologist registration number is PSY0001234473
I look forward to working with you.